Misc. Anyone here been to a K-pop audition?

The legendary BetITT.com Misc. section! Participate at your own risk, some content NSFW.
Forum rules
(Sports betting is prohibited in this forum!)

Anyone here been to a K-pop audition?

Postby Luhan » November 20th, 2017, 12:14 am

Title. Been wanting to go to one for some time now. I'm a good singer and pretty good boyish looks if I may say so. So I'll probably go to the SM audition in Los Angeles on 12/16. Hehe. Would be cool if you could share your experience with me and provide tips that you gathered from actually auditioning. Thanks.
Luhan

Re: Anyone here been to a K-pop audition?

Postby YeongAe » November 20th, 2017, 1:01 am

Hey that's the US monthly audition on Wilshire, the one I went to last year. It's fun af brah and I met my ex-gf there. What are you singing? I know you do look kpop material. If you got the voice too, it's in the bag. All I can say is try to prepare being extremely comfortable in front of the camera as they will have you face the camera and record you throughout your audition. Practice your intro (name, age, school/work, and number tag they give you). Once in English, once in Korean.

Here's some shitty pics I took cuz we're not allowed to take pics or record in there. I also got an audio recording file of the actual audition too like 20 minutes long that I secretly recorded if you want to hear.

( ͡ಠ ͜ʖ ͡ಠ) That's life son ( ͡� ͜ʖ ͡�)
YeongAe

Postby Luhan » November 20th, 2017, 1:20 am

YeongAe wrote:Hey that's the US monthly audition on Wilshire, the one I went to last year. It's fun af brah and I met my ex-gf there. What are you singing? I know you do look kpop material. If you got the voice too, it's in the bag. All I can say is try to prepare being extremely comfortable in front of the camera as they will have you face the camera and record you throughout your audition. Practice your intro (name, age, school/work, and number tag they give you). Once in English, once in Korean.

Here's some shitty pics I took cuz we're not allowed to take pics or record in there. I also got an audio recording file of the actual audition too like 20 minutes long that I secretly recorded if you want to hear.

AYYYYYYY YEONGAE!!! I never would have thought lol. I don't know which song to sing yet but probably a Korean one since that gives you brownie points, no? By ex-gf did you mean you met your post breakup gf there or did you meet the girl at the audition who later became your girl, then after some time you 2 broke up? Did you pass the audition? I'm guessing not because you'd be in Korea already, but how come you didn't pass do you know? You're so tall and handsome <no homo>. Thanks for the tips. And how did the people dress there and what were the other auditionees like?
Luhan

Postby YeongAe » November 20th, 2017, 1:38 am

Luhan wrote:AYYYYYYY YEONGAE!!! I never would have thought lol. I don't know which song to sing yet but probably a Korean one since that gives you brownie points, no? By ex-gf did you mean you met your post breakup gf there or did you meet the girl at the audition who later became your girl, then after some time you 2 broke up? Did you pass the audition? I'm guessing not because you'd be in Korea already, but how come you didn't pass do you know? You're so tall and handsome <no homo>. Thanks for the tips. And how did the people dress there and what were the other auditionees like?

I met her for the first time at the audition. She was like 23 though lmao. She been rejected so many times already from so many different entertainment company auditions and that was her last chance she gave herself before burying that childhood dream of hers for good. Neither of us passed. Shocker! I'm a noraebang level singer at best as was she. They call you up by 4s and our group was me, her, a 21 year old Korean guy who had nice vibrato, and this 19 year old Asian (guessing Chinese) girl dancing. All of us singers sang in Korean so maybe that's not so much of a plus if you're already fluent in your Korean self-introduction. There were also plenty of younger teenagers there too for the audition, mostly girls. I saw some Indian, Filipino, even Caucasian auditionees too. Good luck in the audition. Hope you pass!
YeongAe

Postby Luhan » November 20th, 2017, 1:46 am

YeongAe wrote:I met her for the first time at the audition. She was like 23 though lmao. She been rejected so many times already from so many different entertainment company auditions and that was her last chance she gave herself before burying that childhood dream of hers for good. Neither of us passed. Shocker! I'm a noraebang level singer at best as was she. They call you up by 4s and our group was me, her, a 21 year old Korean guy who had nice vibrato, and this 19 year old Asian (guessing Chinese) girl dancing. All of us singers sang in Korean so maybe that's not so much of a plus if you're already fluent in your Korean self-introduction. There were also plenty of younger teenagers there too for the audition, mostly girls. I saw some Indian, Filipino, even Caucasian auditionees too. Good luck in the audition. Hope you pass!

Thanks for sharing your story Yeong and thanks for the encouragement!

I would like to think I'm a good singer lol. All my friends would say I am. 8-) :oops: 8-)
Luhan

Postby YeongAe » November 20th, 2017, 1:50 am

Luhan wrote:Thanks for sharing your story Yeong and thanks for the encouragement!

I would like to think I'm a good singer lol. All my friends would say I am. 8-) :oops: 8-)

You'll be fine. You'd be glad you went pass or no pass! Also everyone dressed pretty casual. Sweatshirt and jeans ftw! Make sure your hair looks sharp though!!!
YeongAe

Postby Luhan » November 20th, 2017, 1:55 am

YeongAe wrote:You'll be fine. You'd be glad you went pass or no pass! Also everyone dressed pretty casual. Sweatshirt and jeans ftw! Make sure your hair looks sharp though!!!

Will certainly make sure the hair be on fleek :!: :!: :!:
Luhan

Postby SAVAGE » November 20th, 2017, 7:07 am

lol phaggots. Kpop? Srs? Bet you 2 look like twinks.
SAVAGE

Postby Luhan » November 20th, 2017, 12:21 pm

SAVAGE wrote:lol phaggots. Kpop? Srs? Bet you 2 look like twinks.

Stfu
Luhan

Postby Armani » November 20th, 2017, 7:09 pm

I don't like K-poop but good look OP!
Armani

Postby dankush » November 21st, 2017, 12:44 am

Ayyy godspeed bro. Just remember if you pass, SM CEO Kim Yum Yum will make you get plastic surgery. If you gucci with that, then I don't see what can go wrong.
paypal, bitcoin
dankush

Postby SAVAGE » November 21st, 2017, 4:16 am

Luhan wrote:
SAVAGE wrote:lol phaggots. Kpop? Srs? Bet you 2 look like twinks.

Stfu

Gee gee gee gee
SAVAGE

Postby Luhan » November 21st, 2017, 1:53 pm

dankush wrote:Ayyy godspeed bro. Just remember if you pass, SM CEO Kim Yum Yum will make you get plastic surgery. If you gucci with that, then I don't see what can go wrong.

Don't think I need much fixing but thanks.
Luhan

Postby Luhan » November 21st, 2017, 1:53 pm

Armani wrote:I don't like K-poop but good look OP!

Thx bro
Luhan

Postby Anti-Alpha » November 22nd, 2017, 2:24 am

JYP > SM

You dun goofed my nigga
Anti-Alpha

Postby Luhan » November 22nd, 2017, 12:52 pm

Anti-Alpha wrote:JYP > SM

You dun goofed my nigga

Nope
Luhan

Postby Baechu » November 22nd, 2017, 7:28 pm

Awesome thread! I've been to 2 SM auditions in Seoul: one in 2010 and one in 2014. I passed the first round general auditions in 2014, and was invited to audition in front of the big players of SM in the second round. However, they didn't have me pass that round. All is well though, but looking back at it, I think maybe it was bad timing on my part. F(X) debuted in 2009, RV debuted in 2014, so SM was in no demand of female trainees. Maybe the case applies to you too then, as NCT debuted just last year. Give it a shot, but if it doesn't work out, don't be afraid to try again at a more opportune time. See what other companies hold auditions in your area too.
Baechu

Postby Luhan » November 23rd, 2017, 12:21 am

Baechu wrote:Awesome thread! I've been to 2 SM auditions in Seoul: one in 2010 and one in 2014. I passed the first round general auditions in 2014, and was invited to audition in front of the big players of SM in the second round. However, they didn't have me pass that round. All is well though, but looking back at it, I think maybe it was bad timing on my part. F(X) debuted in 2009, RV debuted in 2014, so SM was in no demand of female trainees. Maybe the case applies to you too then, as NCT debuted just last year. Give it a shot, but if it doesn't work out, don't be afraid to try again at a more opportune time. See what other companies hold auditions in your area too.

Oh coolio! Thanks for spreading your knowledge and experience. Have you tried other companies as well or just SM? Are you in the entertainment industry now?
Luhan

Postby Cakez » November 23rd, 2017, 6:15 am

Pepper your angus kpop brah
escrow only
Cakez

Postby Anti-Alpha » November 25th, 2017, 4:23 am

Luhan wrote:

You dun goofed my nigga

Nope

Twice >>> SM

RV songs suck
FX no new songs
5N5D disbanded
NCT songs suck
EXO songs kinda suck lately
SHINEE members are all ugly
Super Junior songs suck
TVXQ songs suck
Anti-Alpha

Postby Luhan » November 25th, 2017, 7:49 pm

Anti-Alpha wrote:
Luhan wrote:

You dun goofed my nigga

Nope

Twice >>> SM

RV songs suck
FX no new songs
5N5D disbanded
NCT songs suck
EXO songs kinda suck lately
SHINEE members are all ugly
Super Junior songs suck
TVXQ songs suck

Twice sucks too
Luhan

Postby YeongAe » December 11th, 2017, 1:48 pm

Thought of a song yet brah?
YeongAe

Return to Misc.