Misc. If I cut a $100 bill in half, do I now have 2 $100 bills, or 2 worthless bills?

The legendary BetITT.com Misc. section! Participate at your own risk, some content NSFW.
Forum rules
(Sports betting is prohibited in this forum!)

If I cut a $100 bill in half, do I now have 2 $100 bills, or 2 worthless bills?

Postby dankush » November 14th, 2017, 4:09 am

Thought this might be a smart idea. Say I took a $100 bill and cut it in half down the middle. Can I use these 2 half-cut $100 bills in stores, exchange with bank for 2 full $100 bills, etc? At what point does a ripped up bill not become legal tender?
paypal, bitcoin
User avatar
dankush
Registered User
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Jul 2017

Re: If I cut a $100 bill in half, do I now have 2 $100 bills, or 2 worthless bills?

Postby cucked » November 14th, 2017, 5:17 am

Yes
*** Francisco Lachowski is my idol crew ***
User avatar
cucked
Registered User
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Jul 2017
Location: NYC

Re: If I cut a $100 bill in half, do I now have 2 $100 bills, or 2 worthless bills?

Postby BigBallerBrand » November 14th, 2017, 1:11 pm

Pretty sure you need to have both serial numbers on the bill located on upper left and lower right of the bill for them to replace the bill for you. Otherwise everyone be doubling their net worth.
User avatar
BigBallerBrand
Registered User
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Jul 2017

Re: If I cut a $100 bill in half, do I now have 2 $100 bills, or 2 worthless bills?

Postby dankush » November 14th, 2017, 11:52 pm

BigBallerBrand wrote:Pretty sure you need to have both serial numbers on the bill located on upper left and lower right of the bill for them to replace the bill for you. Otherwise everyone be doubling their net worth.


Really? Source?
paypal, bitcoin
User avatar
dankush
Registered User
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Jul 2017

Re: If I cut a $100 bill in half, do I now have 2 $100 bills, or 2 worthless bills?

Postby n9219 » November 15th, 2017, 4:06 am

Interesting that you brought this up... in for answers
User avatar
n9219
Registered User
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Jul 2017

Re: If I cut a $100 bill in half, do I now have 2 $100 bills, or 2 worthless bills?

Postby fireant » November 15th, 2017, 5:01 am

I heard it's over 50% of the bill for the bank to replace it for a new crisp bill for you and they report it to the Fed for -$100 out of circulation. Don't think your case will work though unless you go to 2 different banks.
User avatar
fireant
Registered User
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Jul 2017

Re: If I cut a $100 bill in half, do I now have 2 $100 bills, or 2 worthless bills?

Postby dankush » November 15th, 2017, 11:15 am

fireant wrote:I heard it's over 50% of the bill for the bank to replace it for a new crisp bill for you and they report it to the Fed for -$100 out of circulation. Don't think your case will work though unless you go to 2 different banks.




Sauce?
paypal, bitcoin
User avatar
dankush
Registered User
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Jul 2017

Re: If I cut a $100 bill in half, do I now have 2 $100 bills, or 2 worthless bills?

Postby CaliforniaLove » November 16th, 2017, 2:07 am

Try it out and report back
User avatar
CaliforniaLove
Registered User
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Jul 2017

Re: If I cut a $100 bill in half, do I now have 2 $100 bills, or 2 worthless bills?

Postby Sokem » November 16th, 2017, 4:27 am

Hmm intredasting. I'm sure some autists have tried to do this before.
User avatar
Sokem
Registered User
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Jun 2017

Re: If I cut a $100 bill in half, do I now have 2 $100 bills, or 2 worthless bills?

Postby faulkYOU » November 16th, 2017, 9:48 pm

Hmm probably not. If I was a store, I wouldn't accept half of a bill.
User avatar
faulkYOU
Registered User
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Jul 2017

Re: If I cut a $100 bill in half, do I now have 2 $100 bills, or 2 worthless bills?

Postby YeongAe » November 16th, 2017, 11:23 pm

Did you try?
( ͡ಠ ͜ʖ ͡ಠ) That's life son ( ͡� ͜ʖ ͡�)
User avatar
YeongAe
Registered User
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Jun 2017
Location: SoCAL

Re: If I cut a $100 bill in half, do I now have 2 $100 bills, or 2 worthless bills?

Postby Armani » November 18th, 2017, 2:50 am

I'm going to try it with a $5 bill first to see. Mutilating a Benjamin is suspicious af...
User avatar
Armani
Registered User
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Jul 2017

Re: If I cut a $100 bill in half, do I now have 2 $100 bills, or 2 worthless bills?

Postby Jaziri » November 18th, 2017, 11:43 pm

Armani wrote:I'm going to try it with a $5 bill first to see. Mutilating a Benjamin is suspicious af...


Whale?
User avatar
Jaziri
Registered User
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Jul 2017

Re: If I cut a $100 bill in half, do I now have 2 $100 bills, or 2 worthless bills?

Postby Luhan » November 20th, 2017, 12:18 am

Jaziri wrote:
Armani wrote:I'm going to try it with a $5 bill first to see. Mutilating a Benjamin is suspicious af...


Whale?



OP is now broke and homeless without internet.
User avatar
Luhan
Registered User
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Jul 2017

Re: If I cut a $100 bill in half, do I now have 2 $100 bills, or 2 worthless bills?

Postby dankush » November 21st, 2017, 12:41 am

YeongAe wrote:Did you try?


Yup. This Indian cashier at 7-11 gave me this smeggy look but took my half ripped $20 bill anyway. Feels good mane! Gonna spend the other half tmrw. OP is genius!
paypal, bitcoin
User avatar
dankush
Registered User
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Jul 2017

Re: If I cut a $100 bill in half, do I now have 2 $100 bills, or 2 worthless bills?

Postby BigBallerBrand » November 22nd, 2017, 7:11 am

dankush wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:Pretty sure you need to have both serial numbers on the bill located on upper left and lower right of the bill for them to replace the bill for you. Otherwise everyone be doubling their net worth.


Really? Source?



Read it somewhere on google search
User avatar
BigBallerBrand
Registered User
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Jul 2017


Return to Misc.

cron