Sports Discussion What's your height, wingspan, and can you dunk?

Discuss anything sports related here!
Forum rules
(Sports betting is prohibited in this forum!)

What's your height, wingspan, and can you dunk?

Postby Jaziri » September 9th, 2017, 9:42 pm

5'10" barefoot here, wingspan self-measured at 5'11.75", and am close to grazing the rim. I probably need like 8 more inches on my vertical leap before I can comfortably dunk. Feels bad. Then again, I'm like 18% bodyfat. If I cut to say 10%, I'd probably be grabbing the rim by now. It's my goal to dunk by next summer.

What about you guys?
Jaziri

Re: What's your height, wingspan, and can you dunk?

Postby dankush » September 9th, 2017, 11:40 pm

6'1" x 6'1", barely grab rim. i just want to be able to hop like a black man.
paypal, bitcoin
dankush

Postby MoistHippo » September 10th, 2017, 2:14 am

I'm like 5'11"-6', don't have a clue on my wingspan, and can throw down a weak dunk. Incorporate plyometric routines into your workout like depth jumps, box jumps, etc. Practice elevating high on each jump shot too as that builds up calf power. You alreadh know you have to lose that fat in order to propel higher. Good luck bro. Post a dunk video when you make it brah.
MoistHippo

Postby Jaziri » September 10th, 2017, 7:35 am

MoistHippo wrote:I'm like 5'11"-6', don't have a clue on my wingspan, and can throw down a weak dunk. Incorporate plyometric routines into your workout like depth jumps, box jumps, etc. Practice elevating high on each jump shot too as that builds up calf power. You alreadh know you have to lose that fat in order to propel higher. Good luck bro. Post a dunk video when you make it brah.

How are you still ahletic? do you play college sports or smth?
Jaziri

Postby MoistHippo » September 10th, 2017, 4:27 pm

Jaziri wrote:
MoistHippo wrote:I'm like 5'11"-6', don't have a clue on my wingspan, and can throw down a weak dunk. Incorporate plyometric routines into your workout like depth jumps, box jumps, etc. Practice elevating high on each jump shot too as that builds up calf power. You alreadh know you have to lose that fat in order to propel higher. Good luck bro. Post a dunk video when you make it brah.

How are you still ahletic? do you play college sports or smth?

Nah I should have though. All I did was bodybuild. I was like 130 lbs freshman year than got up to 175 lbs in 2 years shredded to the gills, all natty. Weight gainers everyday man. I run occasionally and thus must have helped with my hops as well.
MoistHippo

Postby YeongAe » September 10th, 2017, 9:30 pm

dankush wrote:6'1" x 6'1", barely grab rim. i just want to be able to hop like a black man.

Are you ..... me? We are the exact same lol.
( ͡ಠ ͜ʖ ͡ಠ) That's life son ( ͡� ͜ʖ ͡�)
YeongAe

Postby celtics17 » September 11th, 2017, 6:07 pm

5'9 height with 6' wingspan. Can touch the rim but can't dunk, yet.
Celtics 2017-2018 NBA Champions
celtics17

Postby jimmyrustled » September 11th, 2017, 8:05 pm

6'3" here. Used to be able to dunk back in college. haven't tried in two years but still think i'd be a rim grazer. That office life really eats away your body.
jimmyrustled

Postby GorzaShreds » September 14th, 2017, 6:39 pm

5'8" with wingspan about 5'11" and I could touch the middle of the net area on a good day.
GorzaShreds

Postby Armani » September 15th, 2017, 3:26 am

You asked the right guy. I'm about 5'11", have a 6'1" wingspan, and can throw down a two hand jam, barely. But not in game. I was the starting shooting guard in high school and was the best player in our intramurals in college. My vertical is around 32 inches. Medicine ball burpees are so good for your explosiveness off the ground. That's what we did in high school basketball practice.
Armani

Postby Jaziri » September 22nd, 2017, 7:28 pm

Armani wrote:You asked the right guy. I'm about 5'11", have a 6'1" wingspan, and can throw down a two hand jam, barely. But not in game. I was the starting shooting guard in high school and was the best player in our intramurals in college. My vertical is around 32 inches. Medicine ball burpees are so good for your explosiveness off the ground. That's what we did in high school basketball practice.

Nice! Mirin your hops.
Jaziri

Postby bigpony12 » September 22nd, 2017, 9:59 pm

Don't forget deadifts, particularly dynamic deadlifts. Explosive reps on 50-75% 1 rep max.
bigpony12

Postby PowayPrince » September 23rd, 2017, 5:46 am

6'2" and can dunk a tennis ball. Small hands won't let me palm a full size bball feels bad man.
PowayPrince

Return to Sports Discussion